The next international conference of the Centre for Legal and Institutional Translation Studies (Transius) will take place onsite from 27 to 29 June 2022 in cooperation with IAMLADP’s Universities Contact Group (UCG). The conference will provide a forum for dialogue between scholars and practitioners with a common interest in legal translation and institutional translation settings more generally. It illustrates the Centre’s commitment to fostering international cooperation and advocating translation quality in the field.
The 2022 conference will combine keynote lectures, parallel paper presentations, a poster session and thematic roundtables, so that all participants, from high-level experts to translation trainees, can benefit from the exchange of experiences. Contributions on the following themes are welcome:
- Problems, methods and competence in legal translation, including comparative legal analysis and legal hermeneutics for translation
- Terminological issues in legal and institutional translation
- The use of corpora and computer tools for legal and institutional translation practice, training and research
- Sociological and ethical issues in legal and institutional translation
- Developments and implications of institutional policies of translation and multilingual drafting
- Thematic specialisation in institutional translation (technical, scientific, financial, etc.)
- Translation quality control, quality assurance and management practices in institutional settings
- Court translation and interpreting
- Legal and institutional translator training
Type of session: keynote lecture (KEY); institutional session (INST); parallel session (PAR).
Thematic tracks: corpus-based legal and institutional translation studies (CO); court translation and interpreting (CT); legal and institutional translation problems and methods (ME); legal translator training (TT); terminological issues in legal and institutional translation (TE); translation policies and professional practices (PO).
Jeffrey A. KILLMAN (University of North Carolina at Charlotte)
Anne Lise KJÆR (University of Copenhagen)
Anne LAFEBER (United Nations)
Fernando PRIETO RAMOS (chair)
Carmen BESTUÉ (Autonomous University of Barcelona), Łucja BIEL (University of Warsaw), Anabel BORJA ALBI (Jaume I University), Valérie DULLION (University of Geneva), Jan ENGBERG (University of Aarhus), Annarita FELICI (University of Geneva), Mathilde FONTANET (University of Geneva), Jean-Claude GÉMAR (University of Montreal and University of Geneva), Sonia HALIMI (University of Geneva), Jeffrey A. KILLMAN (UNC Charlotte), Anne LAFEBER (United Nations), Karen MCAULIFFE (University of Birmingham), Gianluca PONTRANDOLFO (University of Trieste), Fernando PRIETO RAMOS (University of Geneva), Peter SANDRINI (University of Innsbruck), Susan ŠARČEVIĆ (University of Rijeka), Karolina STEFANIAK (Directorate-General for Translation, European Commission), Melissa WALLACE (University of Texas at San Antonio), Catherine WAY (University of Granada).
PUBLICATION OF SELECTED PAPERS
More information on publication options will be circulated after the conference.